Byleth (Three Hopes)
Chapter 10. Requires the usage of the Resonant Lightning strategy (30 Points).
Step by Step guide:
- Capture all of the strongholds in the southwest that are surrounding Baron Mateus. Do not kill the Baron.
- Once captured, Baron Mateus will surrender to the Imperial Army.
- Three allied sorcery engineers will appear in the northwest, being attacked by Swordmasters. Focus on rescuing them from the Swordmasters before you capture all the northwest strongholds. If any of these engineers are killed, you will fail to recruit Byleth.
- Once the engineers are rescued, execute the Resonant Lightning Strategy. Alois will appear to guard Rodrigue's position.
- Capture the strongholds in the northwest. Byleth will appear to guard the one bridge leading to Rodrigue's position; however, your allies will build additional bridges at the center and southeast of the map to bypass Byleth. Use those bridges to advance on Rodrigue's position.
- Optional: Yuri will spawn in the northwest around this point, so if you want to recruit him as well, leave somebody in the northwest to defeat and recruit him.
- Byleth will attempt to return to Rodrigue's position to defend him, but Baron Mateus will destroy Byleth's bridge, forcing them to take the long way around. Quickly defeat Alois and then Rodrigue before Byleth can rendezvous with the latter. If they are allowed to rendezvous, you will fail.
- Ignore the side-mission to defeat Byleth.
Chapter 12. Requires the usage of the Locate Ambushers strategy (30 Points).
Step by Step guide:
- After defeating the Imperial Army's vanguard, you need to reach Randolph without alerting any ambushers.
- Trigger the Locate Ambushers Strategy, then follow the green, moving arrow to the gate towards the far west. Do not enter any of the highlighted keeps for now, or you will fail the condition.
- To avoid your characters alerting the ambushers, use Orders: All-Out Defense to force them to either stay at the home base or follow your active character.
- A side-mission to assist an allied unit will begin along the way. This is optional.
- Fleche will appear once you reach the end of the green arrow's path. You may kill her whenever you have the time.
- Around the same time, 6 mercenary raiders (including Alois) will spawn and advance upon the Allied Base. If they enter the Allied Base at all, you will fail the condition. Defeat all six of them before they can do so.
- It is now safe to enter the ambush keeps.
- The Ironclad Defense strategy can buy you some time, but it does not last forever.
- After Fleche and the mercenary raiders are defeated, Randolph will open the gates to the Enemy Base in the north-western stronghold. Byleth will spawn around the southern part of the map around the same time.
- Defeat Randolph without defeating Byleth.
- Byleth will advance from the south towards Randolph's position. Defeat Randolph before Byleth is able to rendezvous with him.
Step by Step guide:
- Complete the mission to obtain information by seizing the nearby strongholds, defeating Alois, and defeating the enemies attacking the Scout within the time limit.
- Claude will then come up with a plan. Escort Claude to the northern part of the map, defeating enemies and seizing strongholds along the way. Yuri will appear during this portion, and can be recruited or killed.
- Once Claude reaches the destination, he will draw Byleth's attention and then retreat back to the Allied Base while Byleth gives chase. Along the way, Claude will be attacked by enemies who halt his advance, including Myson. Defeat them as quickly as possible to keep Claude moving.
- If Byleth catches up to Claude, the mission shifts to Defeat Byleth, and you have missed your chance for recruitment.
- Once Claude returns to the starting point, Byleth's path will be obstructed. Fleche will grow frustrated and open the gates to the Enemy Base. Defeat Fleche to end the mission.
- Byleth will attempt to return the way they came and rendezvous with Fleche. Defeat Fleche before that happens, or the recruitment will fail. Allied strongholds will slow Byleth down, but not for very long, so move and fight quickly.
|Myrmidon||Spd +2||Sword Prowess||Flash Strike|
|Fighter||Spirited Seize||Axe Prowess||Smash|
|Silverheart||Carpe Diem, Firesweep||Mage Knight's Ploy||True Awakening|
|Mercenary||Battalion Vantage||Sword Prowess, Windsweep||Mercenary's Wisdom|
|Thief||Appraisal||Sword Prowess||Thief's Ploy, Iceblade|
|Armored Knight||Defensive Tactics||Axe Prowess, Lightning Axe||Armored Infantry's Wisdom|
|Cavalier||Battalion Desperation||Lance Prowess, Glowing Ember||Knight's Ploy|
|Brigand||Death Blow||Spike||Warrior's Ploy|
|Archer||Archer's Ploy, Tracking Shot||Bow Prowess, Drill Arrow||One Heart One Mind, Point-Blank Volley|
|Brawler||Brawler's Ploy, Battle Trance||Brawling Prowess, Draining Blow||Concentration|
|Mage||Lifeforce, Thunder||Reason||Mage's Ploy|
|Priest||Miracle, Recover||Faith||Priest's Wisdom|
|Pegasus Knight||Pegasus Knight's Ploy||Tableturner||Stormblade|
|Swordmaster||Boost Critical||Provoke, Mortal Struggle||Apex Sword, Astra|
|Fortress Knight||Anchor||Smite||Wild Abandon|
|Paladin||Aegis||Lance Prowess||Tempest Lance|
|Wyvern Rider||Defiant Str||Wyvern Rider's Wisdom||Crush|
|Warrior||Heavy Hitter||Axe Prowess||Wrath, War Strike|
|Sniper||Flame Volley||Bow Prowess, Tornado Shot||Warrior Assist, Hunter's Volley|
|Grappler||Mystic Blow||Brawling Prowess, Lightning Fist||Rejuvenation, Fierce Iron Fist|
|Warlock||Fiendish Blow, Bolganone||Reason||Essence of Fire, Ragnarok|
|Dark Mage||Poison Strike||Dark Mage's Ploy||Transmute|
|Enlightened One||Axebreaker, Aura||Saint's Power||Goddess's Vessel|
|Dancer||Sword Dance||Special Dance||Charm Catalyst|
|Falcon Knight||Lance Jab||Harmonious Specials||Muster|
|Wyvern Lord||Helm Splitter||Howl||Nullify Flying Effect|
|Mortal Savant||Haze Slice||Spd +10||Dual Onslaught|
|Trickster||Pass, Electric Grounder||Medical Expertise||Burst of Valor|
|Great Knight||Armored Cavalry's Wisdom, Armored Strike||Knucklebreaker||Defiant Def|
|Bow Knight||Ward Arrow||Bow Prowess, Precision Volley||Dexterity Catalyst|
|Dark Knight||Dark Lance||Cyclical Specials, Titanic Might||Driven Spirit|
|Holy Knight||Lightstrike||Adjutant's Benefit, Airshaker||Nullify Cavalry Effect|
|War Master||Flamewhorl Kick||Brawling Prowess, Mighty Blow||Piercing Gaze|
|Gremory||Res +10||Reason||Defiant Mag|
|Dark Bishop||Impossible Feat||Covenant||Absorb Charm|